In house die making capabilities and combined die cutting experience of over 150 years
From pocket folders and business cards to packaging and decals, Superior Packaging & Finishing has the die cutting expertise and equipment to make your project a success.
Our die cutting equipment (Bobst, Kluge, Heidelberg) uses sharp steel rules (knives) in a die with a wood base to cut specified designs or shapes out of the stock. We can also crease and score in the same process. Our multiple types of die cutting equipment allow us to complete a variety of jobs. Die cutting is often performed in conjunction with additional finishing operations such as binding or folding to create catalogs, books, manuals, and other printed media.
Suggested Die Cutting Jobs:
- Business cards
- Door hangers
- Hang tags
- Packaging (including cartons and boxes)
- Pocket folders
- Pop-up books and games
In House Die Making Capabilities
Die cutting is a popular finishing operation for a variety of products. Call 781-303-0022 or email
now to have one of our experienced customer service representatives guide you in your die cutting options.Many die cutting vendors have the equipment to die cut, but not the equipment to create the die needed for the operation. Here at Superior Packaging & Finishing we have an in house die making department that has all of the materials needed for any die your job might need, including steel rule (up to 3 pts), perf and punches. We have high-tech, computerized equipment for accurate and efficient bending. Having our dies made in house has several advantages including minimal downtime - no waiting for die to come in from outside vendor, quality control of dies, ability to fix or make changes immediately.
Die Cutting Quick Specifications
Bobst 102E and Bobst CER
- Min Sheet size: 40cm x 30cm (15.7 x 11.8 inches)
- Max Sheet Size: 102cm x 72cm (40 x 28.3 inches)
- Substrate Options: a variety of paper, as well as non-rigid plastic and corrugated sheets
- Substrate Thickness: .008 inches to B-flute
- Die heights: 0.937 inches
Kluge Press (14 x 22 inches and 10 x 13 inches)
- Min Sheet size: 5.5 x 8.5 inches
- Max Sheet Size: 14 x 22 inches and 10 x 13 inches
- Substrate Options: paper (coated, uncoated, metallic, colored, recycled and specialty papers), plastic, corrugated sheets, paperboard, foam board, sintra board, styrene, ultra board
- Substrate Thickness: .002 inches to bound books
- Die heights: .918 and .937 inches
- Max Sheet Size: 22 x 30.25 inches
- Substrate Options: a variety of paper and non-rigid (flexible) plastic
- Substrate Thickness: .008-.018 inches (heavier stock must be grain direction specific)
- Die heights: .937 inches
I want to...
Request an Estimate
Choose this if you have a project and specifications in mind and want an estimate of the cost to produce it.
I want to...
Choose this if you would like to request samples of our work.